rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Transmission made a pop sound now won't go in any gear

Customer Question

Transmission made a pop sound now won't go in any gear includeing park linkage seems fine
Category: Mercury
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It is now necessary to drop the pan and inspect the linkage connection from the inside. If it's not accessible from there, then the trans needs to be pulled. Hopefully it just snapped off in there.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Interesting that you wound up where we left off. I 2a trying to get you hot wired.

Thanks