Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Can't figue out where the vacuum hose goes to that attaches

Customer Question

Can't figue out where the vacuum hose goes to that attaches under the throttle body large air intake. Hose is about 8-9". I can't figure out where this attaches to. Hose sucks when I put thumb over. It is still attached under the throttle body but the other end is just not attached to anything now. The end looks like it WAS attached to something as the end of the hose is flared like it went onto a small port of some kind. I need photos of where this hose attaches. I hate the Haynes manual as it shows NO hose diagram
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I have this vacuum routing diagram,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at that and it tells me nothing of what I need. Where does this hose attach to?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Perhaps we should start over and you tell me what engine this is. I was assuming the 2.0l. Also, if you could take a photo and post it, that would help also. What is the approximate diameter of this hose? Is this a rubber hose?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I switched over to a different manual, so I need to know is this a GS, LS or Trio?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a gs model trio. Need photo of where it goes I am 68 y/o and I don't understand schematics that well since they are not very well marked.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry I cannot help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look at page 3-13 in Haynes manual a the picture under he air intake throttle body section. It's the photo in the middle column at the bottom of the page. This will let you see where it is connected to the underside of the throttle body It i photo 13.5.