Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My name is rashard my grand marquis won't start i

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** grand marquis won't start i accidentally cut a wire to the pats system repaired the wire but now when i try to start it the theft light blinks three times per second got a new key made and got it reprogrammed twice but two separate companies but car still won't start i put starter fluid in it and it cranks but shuts right off again...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i cut the 12vt wire to my pats on accident repaired the wire got key reprogramed to the car and it still won't start unless i put starter fluid in it than it cranks but cuts right off again
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercury Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you go into more detail on the programming steps that were taken? The rapid flashing theft light means the computer detects no programmed key used. The correct way to program the keys to the vehicle is to connect a scan tool under the dash. Enter the programming mode. Wait 10 minutes. Erase all key codes. Disconnect the scan tool, insert key one and turn it to the run position for 3 seconds then off, then insert key 2 and turn it to the run position for 3 seconds. Was that done?

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)

I hate that you spent money here, and left, what appears to be not pleased with me or my help. I am still here and available to help. We can pick up where we left off or start over.

Chris