Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

The idle speed is where it always has been, about 800 or so,

Customer Question

The idle speed is where it always has been, about 800 or so, I think.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** your vehicle is pulling excessive from a failure within the transaxle causing the torque converter clutch to be applied all the time. The trans will for sure need to be removed and the converter replaced and the solenoids and valves that control the converter pressure tested and inspected.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris