Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My 2007 Mercury Montego key was lost weeks. The battery

Customer Question

My 2007 Mercury Montego key was lost for several weeks. The battery drained. Have the key but I am being locked out. The light with a car and lock is on.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

With the key in the run position, is the theft light flashing?

With the key in the run position is the check engine light on?

Will it at least crank?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing coming on is the seatbelt light. I had the car/lock light on before but not now. I will disconnect battery, charge off system and clean the posts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will not crank.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disconnected battery for ten minutes. Got all lights bachk, turns over. Need to charge battery. I think I'm golden.

Glad you got it figured out, report back if you still need help.