Amedee
Amedee, Mercury Technician
Experience:  ASE certified Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2000 Mercury Cougar V6. January of 2015 Installed new fuel

Customer Question

2000 Mercury Cougar V6.
January of 2015 Installed new fuel pump, (130.00 Rockauto).
May 2015 fuel gauge started showing empty after starting car, and knowing fuel tank is full.?
August 2015 problem continues, then knowing that you just filled the gas tank a day prior it started acking like it is running out of gas, then car stops running, tryed restarting several trys, no luck. Had car towed home after 60.00. Tryed restarting car.! It starts...? note: now engine light on in dash. Okay well knowing this I can't trust the car to get me from point-A to point-B. Please help what is my fix
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I get the code number in the computer? Have you checked the fuel pressure in the fuel system with the pump installed from rock auto?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you asking for the trouble code,
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get this information. I'll get back with you.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see if you had a chance to get the code in the computer and check the fuel pressure on the engine?