Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I have a 2004 mercury Monterey.... I just replaced ac

Customer Question

I have a 2004 mercury Monterey.... I just replaced ac compressor , dryer , rear expansion valve , and orifice filter , then re-charged system. I followed instructions of putting half bottle pag oil to pump and other half to dryer. all came with ac compressor kit. now clutch keeps cycling on and off. it only cuts off for a few seconds then runs a few mins. one of lines on dryer keeps frosting up till clutch cycles off the line un frosts and it kicks back on. mean while air is cold inside vehicle. why is this happening? is it possible the instructions had me add too much oil? if so how do I remedy this situation
n?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The system is designed to hold 8 ounces of oil on a full system, you add 4 ounces to the compressor and 4 ounces to the accumulator so you should be fine with the amount you added. The first thing you need to do is install your gauges and read the pressures while the compressor is running, normal pressure on a full system should be right at 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. If your pressure are okay and the system is blowing cold then you likely do not have a problem. The system is designed to cycle off once the evaporator reaches near freezing in order to keep it from freezing up. Check your pressures and post back and we can work from there if need.