Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

On saturday my 2000 villager ran fine, on sunday it turns

Customer Question

on saturday my 2000 villager ran fine, on sunday it turns over fine but will not crank on. I gave it starter fluid in the throttle but still the same problem, there is current to the plugs also. after some research, i will look for the cpu (but i am not sure where it is) as perhaps a wire plug has corrosion on it and needs cleaning. another error which may be holding it back is if the cooling temp sensor is faulty(?). any thoughts? Thanks very much with any help. btw it is the estate edition with 208k miles
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you replace anything lets check and see if you have good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors , proper fuel pressure (34 to 45 PSI) and good compression. Check each one of these for me and post back with the results and we can work from there to get this resolved for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron, thanks for responding. The 2000 villager is at a repair shop, a very reputable mechanic who specializes on acura's, honda's. We do know that it has compression, it has a spark and does have fuel. Something is holding it back, perhaps the cpu or as i mentioned a faulty coolant temp sensor. I have not checked either of these, thanks for any other ideas as it will be a week before i can look at it again.....Anthony
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Okay if you are sure you have proper fuel pressure as well as good spark have they check to see if the injectors are firing? A fault ECT (coolant temp sensor) will not in most cases cause it to not start.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ron, thanks for your idea to check on the injectors, I will get to it later on during the week and get back to you. I did see a 'you tube' video which gave strong evidence that the ECT kept his Ford from starting as it read an incorrect temperature on his diagnostic readout, the guy doing the video was also surprised. Talk soon....Anthony {tony}
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Well check for injector pulse first and let me know and we can work from there.