Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My alarm goes off periodically. Last night I had a call

Customer Question

My alarm goes off periodically. Last night I had a call @2:00 AM from neighbors that it was going off every 5 min. I would like to have it disconnected but I've been told it can not be done? I have a 2001 merc sable.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The alarm goes off because it sees unauthorized entry. The doors are locked and the computer senses a power drain like a light coming on. It thinks someone has broken the door glass and reached in to open the door or hood. Most often its a sticking hood or door ajar switch. Open all the doors and spray 5 seconds of lube into the door latches to see if that helps and check the hood switch adjustment.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of lube? And where do I find the hood switch?

I prefer liquid wrench spray. The switch is near the drivers headlight