Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I had the engine rebuilt. Car runs hotter than it should.

Customer Question

I had the engine rebuilt. Car runs hotter than it should. Has new radiator, water pump, thermostat and still runs hot. I noticed a silver dollar sized disc with four posts on it near the firewall and below the transmission dipstick, and there are four wires (red, yellow, black and white) dangling. Could this be a sensor that would be correct the problem and how should they be connected? If this has nothing go do with the over-heating, what would it be? Thanks!
Al Fraser
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the cooling fan is coming on as it should then this piece is not likely related to the cooling system, if you can take a clear picture of it and post it in this link I will take a look at it and see if I can tell you what it is.