A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I own a 2005 mercury montego. Ac problem. While driving ac

Customer Question

I own a 2005 mercury montego. Ac problem. While driving ac blows out cold. While its on idle no cold air what can it be
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Your 2005 Mercury Montego has two cooling fans. One low speed and the other high speed. Start the vehicle up and turn the AC on. Both cooling fans should be running when the AC is on. If only one is running, the cooling fans will have to be replaced as an assembly.
The cooling fans pull the air through the condenser for the AC system to help it cool down inside the vehicle. When you are driving, the air is forced through the condenser, and at idle, it needs the cooling fans to pull the air through.