Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I had a local mechanic check out my check engine light.

Customer Question

I had a local mechanic check out my check engine light. Engine missing. He tested and said it was a coil and he replaced with spark plugs. I paid but the next day the check engine came back on and blinked. He rechecked and said it was still saying the first coil but said he didn't know what else to do. Taking it to ford dealership. They have said I could have internal engine damage , the technician that ran the diagnostic said it was still saying 1 st coil another worker said it was PCM or something like that . What do you think?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you can give me the actual fault code and or codes the computer is setting I can help you determine the cause. Post back with this information and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get the actual code? Ask the original mechanic?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You can do that or you can stop by your local auto parts store such as Auto Zone and then can retrieve them for you. They will do this for you at no charge as well.