Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

I get ..on occasion..the seat belt warning light and the ABS

Customer Question

I get ..on occasion..the seat belt warning light and the ABS light pop up simultaneously...is this a problem with a chip..??
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, thank you for using our site. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

.

There are many areas of the SRS or airbag system that will cause the light to come on or blink. You will want to get the code(s) read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have a better understanding of what the problem may be.

.

.

Thanks

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK... I don't have a code reader..I know its hard to establish a cause without the proper parameters. Can you suggest a course of action that's the least inexpensive...? Thanks..
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

The best alternative to the dealership, (stealership) is a good body shop or a brake shop. A lot of times they will read the codes for you to try to gain your business. They may also clear out any codes to see if they do come back again. It's just impossible to know what is wrong with it without the trouble codes. Thanks

.

**** PLEASE REMEMBER THAT A BAD RATING WILL NOT GIVE YOU AN AUTOMATIC REFUND ***** However there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

….

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Jerry..I already spent $25.00 and all you basically told me is" what does the code reader say" ?...I thought thru you're experience as a mercury mechanic you could be more concrete in your answers..I know its almost impossible, unless you look at it, you can't tell me what the problem is...Thanks...
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Actually you haven't spent anything. Whatever money you may have paid stays in your account until you rate an answer in a positive way. There isn't a technician on the planet that can tell you what the problem is without knowing at least what code or codes are setting.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

******OR LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT A REFUND******

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ...understood...thanks for your input...
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and please come again, anytime, thanks

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.

.