Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

I am look info on Mercury Grand Marquis 5.0... Not getting

Customer Question

I am look for some info on Mercury Grand Marquis 5.0... Not getting any spark from coil nthe voltage to the coil is about 10 volts. Engine turns over but no start or sputter from the engine
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The most common cause for the lack of spark problem you are having on the 1986 was usually due to a failing ICM (ignition module) that mounts to the distributor and anytime you replace it you are also best served to remove the distributor and replace the distributor stator which the module plugs into due the age of both. Its not uncommon for the stator to fail and take out the module. I would replace both to do this repair properly.