Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

I NEED THE FACTORY SETING FACTORY SET "SECURICODE" DOOR

Customer Question

I NEED THE FACTORY SETING FOR THE FACTORY SET "SECURICODE" DOOR KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM. MY VIN # ***** *****
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
There are two ways to get the keyless entry key code.
1. Have a dealership connect a scan tool to retrieve the keyless entry code from the drivers door module which is located behind the drivers door panel inside the drivers door.
OR
2. Remove the drivers door panel and look for a decal on the DDM (Drivers Door Module) for a 5 digit code which is the permanent keyless entry code for your vehicle.
Ford does not retain the keyless entry codes for any of the vehicles they produce.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NOT TRUETHEY STOPPED DOING THE DOOR THING IN 2008FORD RETAINS THE CODES IN THEIR PROPRIETARY COMPUTER SYSTEM
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'm OPTING OUT because you know more than a 30 year on the job Ford trained technician.
Good night.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

The previous answer is correct. The only person that knows the door code at Ford is the guy on the assembly line whom puts the wallet card, from the module they just installed, into the owners manual packet. He does this about 200 times a day, so he would not remember them nor is it on file.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris