Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

My car is idling gh then it goes low then it cuts off I have

Customer Question

My car is idling high then it goes low then it cuts off I have a new alternator new idle control valve tune up I don't know what to do my car want stay on
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Clean the throttle body and MAF sensor and let me know those results. Have you checked for vacuum leaks or fuel pressure concerns? Any warning lights on?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did that and it's still acting up

Any warning lights on and codes stored?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car want stay on long enough to get a code reading. When this all happend my car first turned of she changed the alternator after changing the alternator is when this problem accurred with the idling up and down and not staying on. I'm not sure what went wrong with my car after changing the alternator. I'm puzzled and I'm stuck in a bind

If you apply throttle can you keep it running?