Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2002 Mercury Sable-parking lights won't go off, drains battery.

Customer Question

2002 Mercury Sable-parking lights won't go off, drains battery. Had relay switch replaced (plus various other
"let's try this), worked for 2 weeks and has started all over again. Going over a bump or closing the
driver door and even sometimes the trunk can get them to go off as well as turn on by themselves. Mechanic
says must have a short. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here you have a short in the park light wiring.I would have the wiring checked leading from the switch and relay to the lights to locate the short and once located repaired from there to correct it.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, justanswer sent me a note saying they didn't have anyone to help so I brought car back to the shop again.
I already knew I had a short and they couldn't find it. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,if there is anything else I can help with here let me know.
Thanks Pete