Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury ls: 2000 mercury marquis 4.6 engine coolant out refilled

Customer Question

2000 mercury marquis 4.6 engine coolant out refilled reservoir coolant poured out over transmission near firewall can't see leak i was under car. what hose could be spent?can't see anything on top of engine. doubt manifold crack would send coolant pouring out . coolant leaks as soon as you pour it in reservoir at rear of engine
Category: Mercury
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, There is a heater hose fitting in the back corner that might be leaking. This is the same manifold that has had its warranty extended due to the plastic getting brittle and cracking. Try pouring water in as you use a flashlight and mirror to find where it is coming out. I hope it is the hose but it probably is the manifold. Please let me know what you find so I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would coolant pour out if manifold was cause can't see leak from top of engine not a lot of space between firewall and rear of engine
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
It could, I have had them split enough to let a sold stream out as I pour it in the tank. A flashlight and mirror will allow you to see back there, have a helper pour in water if you need to be looking for the leak. Let me know what you find and I will see what I have as far as procedures showing the repair. Thanks