Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

Mercury sable 24ohv: vehicle 2001 sable will on occasion not

Customer Question

vehicle 2001 sable will on occasion not start ,turns over,however will start after about 15 min
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.When the engine does not want to start can you take a look at the check engine light, see if it comes on with the key on and watch it to see if it goes off while cranking. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Check engine light normal
There are no fault codes in computer
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Okay if the light is coming on and going out that would rule out the computer and crankshaft sensor. Unfortunately what needs to happen now is you are going to need to check for good spark at the spark plugs, Injector pulse and proper fuel pressure when it will not start and see if you can determine which one is missing, once you narrow it down, post back with the results and we can work from there to get this resolved for you.