Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury Grand Marquis: . I'm considering purchase of

Customer Question

Hello. I'm considering purchase of a 06 GM Premier. The car is in fantastic condition, however the AC/Heat will not blow through the dash vents. I can hear that the flow is being switched by the system, just won't come out through the dash vents. I had 2 97's that had failed blend door motors. Don't really want to go through that again. Assume however it is a door, are these systems as difficult as the 97 was? The system switches between heat and cold, and flow positions, just won't blow out the dash vents.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Your panel actuator has most likely failed. Other possible causes are a vacuum leak, faulty climate control module, or broken mode door. Yes the 06 climate control issues or rather gaining access to these parts is just as tough as the 97 model. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris