Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury Villager: I have a mercury villager gs 98 and the

Customer Question

I have a mercury villager gs 98 and the passenger side head lamp keeps blowing bulbs and or won't turn on when bulb is replaced. I checked the fuses and they are brand new. This is also affecting my daytime running lights.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Does the low and high beam fail?How long do the bulbs last?Is there moisture getting into the headlight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, both the low and high beam fail. When I replace the bulb it still won't work most times and when it does come on it only last for a few minutes. As for moisture, there is a little condensation in the lens. My daytime running lights don't work at all either.
You need to get this moisture resolved, it can cause immediate bulb failure. Clean the lens out with alcohol and blow dryer, then seal all the seams with clear window and bath silicone. Unplug the headlight. OHM test the yellow wire with the headlights on low or high beam, you should get no resistance to ground, this ground comes from the DRL module. With the low beams on, the orange wire should match battery voltage. With the high beams on the green wire should match battery voltage. Let me know if you get different readings. So far it looks like a faulty DRL module. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris