Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury Monterey: I have a 2004 Mercury Montrerey....the power

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Mercury Montrerey....the power side mirrors, driver power seat and power pedals are not working...I checked all the fuse in both the engine compartment and passenger compartment and they all test good...I also checked the connections under the drivers seat and all are pushed in but the seat, pedals and mirror still won't work...any idea what else it can be?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Its the drivers seat module that controls the memory functions. It has the issues causing these issues. The first step in the diag process is to see if the module will communicate with a scan tool. Step two is to see which codes are stored. Are those things you can do. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have the ability to do those things. I don't have a scan tool nor would I even begin to know how to see what codes are stored.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also should clarify that the power passenger seat does work - it is only the driver seat that doesn't.
What do you feel like from me would help you, and make you pleased with my assistance?