Stacy Farist
Stacy Farist,
Experience:  Lead Mechanic at NTB
2361730

2005 Ford Escape 4 cyl. Following a brake job, (rotors, pads

Customer Question

2005 Ford Escape 4 cyl. Following a brake job, (rotors, pads and callipers), the ABS and 4x4 lights started coming on intermittently. The problem appears to be the wheel speed sensors. A gas station mechanic put the vehicle on a hoist and showed me the
rings, which are loose. He wants to change both axles. Question 1: Do I have to change the axles. Can't the sensors be replaced? Question 2: Could this problem have been created by the mechanic who did the brakes?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Stacy Farist replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for using justanswer.com. I'll be glad to assist.The exciter rings are available through napa part #NOE(###) ###-#### ***** rings have to be pressed on the axle. A lot off people had rather replace the axle. Alot less trouble. The part lists for 19.99 in my area.It is highly doubtful that the rings wete damaged from doing a brake job the rotor is a floating rotor not a fixed rotor where the ring could b damaged. Please rate my answer positive. Thank you.
Good morning. Haven't had a response, was this issue resolved?