Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury Grand Marquis: I replaced the battery and everthing

Customer Question

Hi I replaced the battery and everthing electrical is working except the engine will not turn over, not a sound.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Use the link below for the starting circuit.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/98GMstart.pdfFollow along with me as I talk about what should happen for the engine to crank.Fuse 2 powers the ignition switch and the starter relay.When trying to start the ignition switch powers the white/pink wire at the TR sensor on the drivers side of the transmission.If the TR sensor is good and showing park or neutral, it allows the power to flow through to the red/light blue wire to the starter relayOne pin at the starter relay is always grounded, one always powered and when trying to start, another pin is powered.If those are good the relay should click when trying to start, thus sending power to the starter signal wire.The large wire at the starter must have battery voltage all the time and power on the signal wire when trying to start. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris