Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury Mariner Premier: I have a 2006 Mercurcy Mariner with

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Mercurcy Mariner with 95000 miles yesterday the OD light came on and my car acted like it was in netural. Shut it off and everything was fine, got home and checked the fluid and it is fine, Today I tried to go somewhere and it seems like it is in netual again. except the OD light didnt come on waited a few minutes and it went into gear for 10 seconds and now it wont move like in netural
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
The OD light coming on is the computer telling you there is a transaxle issue and a trouble code stored? Any way you can get it scanned?Are both drive and neutral acting like neutral?The current information is pointing to a faulty TR sensor or a internal concern with the direct clutch hub weld cracked, or the pump failing and the pressure to low. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris