A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Mercury Grand Marquis: I have a 95 grand marquis with no

Customer Question

hi I have a 95 grand marquis with no power to fuel pump.we have power at on terminal at relay but it wont turn on. Car was running fine for 2 days after changing battery then it would not start. we can supply power to pump to energize no problem.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
You should have two powers at the fuel pump relay. One should have power all the time and the other one should have power with the key turned on.
The constant power should be on pin #30 of the relay and pin #86 should have power with the key in start or run.
Do you have both power circuits to the fuel pump relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned to on and go out while the engine is cranking over?
Have you checked for any trouble codes in the PCM (Engine Computer)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have power at 2 terminals at relay relay closes in start position still no power to pump
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Check the inertia switch in the trunk. Make sure the reset button is down and you get power on both wires at the switch with it plugged in and the engine cranking.