Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury sable: I switched my mercury sable (2001) from dash

Customer Question

I switched my mercury sable (2001) from dash panel outputs blowing to the defroster output vents and it will not switch back to the dashpanel vents
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Does your car have manual or automatic HVAC?Normally when the HVAC is stuck on defrost, this is a vacuum issue where as there is a vacuum leak from the engine to the reservoir to the HVAC or after the HVAC. Do you have the ability to remove the HVAC and use a vacuum gauge to do some testing? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris