A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

6/6/15 The third seat on my 2006 Mercury Mountaineer are down

Customer Question

6/6/15 The third seat on my 2006 Mercury Mountaineer are down and will not return to the up position, Right side motor runs but no action, Left side motor does not run. What is the problem?
Hal. H.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
The most common cause of your problem is the power folding seat motors. They either fail completely or the gears inside them fail and grind when operating and the seat will not fold up or down.
The motor assemblies, left and right will have to be replaced to repair the power folding seat problem you 2006 Mountaineer is having.