Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

At times when I go to start my 2002 mercury mountaineer, it will turn

Customer Question

at times when I go to start my 2002 mercury mountaineer, it will turn but will not start.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to determine why it will not start you are going to need to check some thing, when it will not start check and see if the the check engine light come on with the key and goes out while cranking. If the light stays on the suspect a failing CKP (crank shaft position sensor) . If the light goes out as it as it should the next check and see if you have good spark to the spark plugs as well as injector pulse and proper fuel pressure (60 to 65 PSI) .Check these thing for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.