Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Mercury mountaineer: I replaced the driver side wheel bearing

Customer Question

I replaced the driver side wheel bearing and hub assembly and now my abs and stability traction warning lights stay on and the brakes have slipped a couple of times.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ChiltonDIY.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Chris here,It would be wise to start with inspecting this ABS sensor and tone ring and sensor wiring being this started I assume after this repair. If all visual inspections are good then a we need to see which ABS codes are stored, via a scan tool. Can you report back with the codes so I can tell you how to diagnose and resolve this. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will follow your advice in the morning and let y I u know what I find
Super