Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Mercury Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Mercury Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis. The low pressure service

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mercury Grand Marquis. The low pressure service port is made of a hard plastic. This port is to small for an over the counter R-134 recharge kit.
Can you tell me what size this port is? Can it be changed to metal? Or can it be retrofitted?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
From what you are describing here, it sounds like you are on the wrong port. If it's hard plastic, this should be the EVAP Test port. You need the Low Side Service Port. The r134 DIY-recharge cans are all universal and will only fit on the Low Side Service Port (of any vehicle). The Low Port is located on the metal line coming from the A/C Compressor to the Accumulator. This should be towards the passenge'ers side of the engine compartment. If original, it should have a blue cap or a black cap with an "L" on it. It will located near the Pressure switch, which has a 2-wire connector; Pink/Light Blue and Purple.