HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience Ford Senior Master Technician/Diesel certified ASE Master Technician
285738

Mercury Mariner: I have a 2007 mercury mariner when driving

Customer Question

I have a 2007 mercury mariner when driving in the city constant stopping upon acceleration turning corners it vibrates and shudders on the highway you dont feel or hear it please help
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, does it stall when coming to a stop? Lil confused on the one concern. Does it vibrate only when turning? Is it an all wheel drive vehicle and are any of the warning lights on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warning lights and the vibration is more on the right side especially if Im driving above 30 and it doesn't stall at all
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Ok the vibration is only on acceleration or just a certain speed. Can you post the 17 digit vin number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Especially on acceleration #4M2YU91187KJ13948
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Ok this is an all wheel drive vehicle.I would suspect a vibration on accel and turning to be an issue with the right side inner cv joint, they will vibrate on accel and go away when taking your foot off the throttle. also inspect the pto(transfer case) for leakage. they had issues with the vent on it and cause it to run low on fluid and damage the transfer case