Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

My air suspension light is on.It is stuck on the right

Customer Question

Hi, My air suspension light is on.It is stuck on the right high position.
Category: Mercury
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is stuck on the ride high position.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is Vlad.
Could you please give us more details about your car, like year, make and model?
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have 96 Mercury Grand Marquis. The suspension light is on in the high position. It wont level up and down. What could be the problem?
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for that information.
This system is supposed to be diagnosed with a scan tool and whenever you have the warning light On, it means there is a trouble codes set in the system.
Without knowing trouble code it might be not easy to find the problem.
I would start from inspecting the rear suspension position sensor. They are known to come off of the ball stud.
It is worth to check the fuse and relay for the air suspension system ( both are located in the underhood power distribution center).
As you mentioned it it is stuck on the RH high position, I could guess there is a problem with the RH air spring solenoid or its wiring or air line( unlikely) .
Try to listen if you can hear any clicking after taking the key out of ignition and closing the driver door. Usually you should hear clicking from both rear air springs solenoids as well as from the front left bottom corner where your air compressor is.
Back to 90's I used to live and work in Russia and we had a lot of problem with air suspension on Lincoln/Ford/ Mercury cars .
Air compressor are pretty known to fail ( including vent solenoid that is part of the compressor), have seen faulty air sprig solenoids a few times and of course wiring issues like chaffed or corroded wires.
Let me know about your finding.