Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Mercury Mountaineer Premier: control module vehicle options

Customer Question

control module vehicle options error
P0610, vehicle stalled, wouldn't start
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Ok, there are 3 possible causes
- installation of aftermarket parts designed to alter engine management such as tuners, programmers or performance chips
- PCM(powertrain control module) programming lost
- internal PCM failure.
So if you have any of the abovementioned aftermarket parts I listed, remove them.
If ok, then the first step is to have the PCM reprogrammed with Ford scan tool and software.
If PCM programming is good or PCM wont take reprogramming, then the PCM must be replaced and new one programmed.
Unfortunately, beyond removing any aftermarket parts designed to alter the engine management, the PCM reprogramming or replacement and programming CANNOT be done at home and will require it to be towed to a dealer for this.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks