EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

Mercury Marquis LS Marquis LS: Ford expert preferred if possible.2000

Customer Question

Ford expert preferred if possible.
2000 Mercury Marquis runs perfect. If you stop at a store for about 15 minutes it won't re-start. Lift the hood and walk away from it for 15 to 20 minutes and it will start and run perfect again.
Problem doesn't happen again for weeks. It appears to be a temperature sensitive problem as I don't recall it happening on a cold day, only on warm days.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
If this problem happens only once in a while it is going to be hard to diagnose. But what you need to start with, is to check if there is fuel pressure when this happens. There is a valve on the engine for a fuel gage to go. When the vehicle will not start, you need to install a gage onto the fuel rail and see if you have pressure. This needs to be eliminated as a source of the no start first.
Please respond with your further questions or comments. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for viewing my response. Have you made any progress in diagnosing your vehicle? Please respond to let me know if you have any more questions and please rate the service provided. Thanks.