EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

Mercury Mountaineer: George I have a 99 mountaineer, ad

Customer Question

Hi George I have a 99 mountaineer, ad compressor works, blower motor will not run until I go over a hard bump or rough terrain. And when it comes on it works fabulous. But I need to have it come on on comanc, what can it be? Thanks
~Connie
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concern today. Please rate my assistance after we have concluded chatting.
The problem you are having could be from a poor connection at the blower motor or blower motor resistor. Could also be from the blower motor itself. When you hit bumps it completes the connection.
The blower motor and resistor are located under the hood on the passenger side. When the blower is not working, you should go out under the hood and tap on the motor, and/or wiggle its electrical connector, and wiggle the connector for the blower resistor, which is located under the motor. This should isolate if you have a poor connection or if the motor or resistor itself, should be replaced. Please try this and let me know the outcome. And we can go from there. Thanks, Eric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I will apply your recommendations and hope that is moderately simple replacement will resolve the issue.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. If you can locate the source of the poor connection, you may need to bang the blower motor to see if it starts working, then let me know and I can help you with replacement of the part. THanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Have you made progress with checking your blower motor connections? Let me know if you need more info and please rate the service provided. Thanks.