Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

Sable: i'm working on a 2008 Mercury Sable. Car runs great

Customer Question

Hi i'm working on a 2008 Mercury Sable. Car runs great most of the time. At times it has a weird deal that happens. The car from a stop when taking off runs poorly. All of the dash lights come on and the car wants to stall and not want to take off. If i pull over and turn the car off then restart the car everything works great again and may drive for 30 to 40 miles with no problems. Iv'e cleaned the battery cables and checked for lose wires at the alternator and starter. Not sure what to do no codes in the computer neither. I have a Snap-on scanner so any test or info you need to help me fix this issue I can preform. ASE tech as well.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Hello, can you share the 17 digit vin number, i want to check into this a bit further. How many miles are on the car?
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help with this vehicle>?