Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

Mercury Mountaineer: location of door ajar switch ,relay or

Customer Question

location of door ajar switch ,relay or sensor ?alarm set off and door ajar stays on.thank u!
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The door ajar switch are located inside of the door mounted to the bottom of the door latch. There is one on each door latch including the lift gate. It fairly common for them to stick and cause the type of problem you are having. One thing you can try before you replace any of them is to take some WD-40 and spray a very labial amount of it into the door latch and then open and close the door a few dozen times and in some cases this will unstick the switch, the most common one to fail is the driver door because it usually see use. I have enclose the location of the switch in the door in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open it. Try the spray first.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20ajar%20Jun%205.pdf