Chris (aka- Moose), Mercury Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Mercury
2499435

After using a Jumper wire to retrieve a Check Engine light

Customer Question

After using a Jumper wire to retrieve a Check Engine light CODE number on my 1993 Mercury Villager GS/LS van with a 3.0L, V6 engine, then using the Jumper wire to erase the code. I have loss most of the Instrument Panel lights, gauges,the tachometer, and the speedometer. The air condition and heater control panel doesn't work. The head lights, tail lights, the break lights and the running lights DO work. Also the radio works. I got this jumper wire information from my CHILTON Auto Repair manual. I followed the instructions, it was easy. So, what did I do wrong and how can I fix it? I have checked every fuse, relay and circuit breaker inside of the vehicle and under the hood. I have traced all the wiring that I could reach. I have not found any problems.
Submitted: 1 year ago via OnlineAutoRepair.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Can you tell me which pins you jumped to retrieve your check engine code, and which pins you jumped to erase?
Then I'll hopefully be able to help you further.
Gary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.