George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

Grand Marquis LS: i have a 2000 Grand Marquis LS. I recently

Customer Question

i have a 2000 Grand Marquis LS. I recently had the starter replaced. They put it up on the hoist and disconnected the battery, then replaced the starter. When they put it down off the hoist the air was out of the suspension and the back end sat extremely low. When started, the compressor started but the air suspension did not fill. This happened before, but after a few starts the car the bags suddenly filled. Is it a sensor issue?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
This often happens if the switch in the trunk is not turned off before the car is lifted. The bags fold incorrectly and get torn when the car is lowered. If you have the compressor running spray the bags with soap solution and if you see bubbles on the bag they need to be replaced.
Please let me know how I can help you with your questions
Thank you