A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

I bout a 2008 Mariner in late 2008 with 18000 miles. It ran

Customer Question

I bout a 2008 Mariner in late 2008 with 18000 miles. It ran perfectly until it hit 76,000 miles and the transmission acted up. Then dealer says 4th and 2nd gears are gone. They want nearly $4000 for a new one. Should I purchase the new one or take it to a reliable transmission shop for a repair.
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
If you get the dealership to install a new one, they do offer a good warranty with it that is good at any Ford/Lincoln dealership. But if that is too much cost, then go to AAMCO and have them check it out or any other quality repair center. I would recommend the dealership, but you can do what you can afford.