A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

Well my car want fire it just kept mixing gas with the oil

Customer Question

well my car want fire it just kept mixing gas with the oil and it a Lincoln town car cartier I found to wire near the pulgn
c
2000 lincon town car cartier
want fired at the spark plug an also found gas mix with the oil pan
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
If your Lincolns engine keeps dumping fuel into the engine oil, your engine has fuel injectors that are sticking opne and washing the piston rings down causing them to not seal to the cylinder walls and not building compression which causes the no start. Plus, if your engine has oil diluted with fuel, the fuel vapors from that will cause the engine to flood out and also not start. I would recommend doing a manual compression test on the engine to evaluate the base mechanical parts of the engine. You should get 175 PSI per cylinder when you do the compression test. This will tell you if the engine is good and the cylinders are sealing. Also, remove the fuel injectors from the intake manifold and leave the fuel lines connected and the injectors in the fuel rails. Place rags under all the injectors and turn the key to on and then off and see if any of the injectors is leaking fuel. They should spray shortly and stop.