A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician
14865528

There, i hav a problem with a 95 ford explorer v6 4.0lt

Customer Question

hi there, i hav a problem with a 95 ford explorer v6 4.0lt 4wd.. the engine is runin rough and the check engine like is on and i did the key on engine runnin test then 5 code 412,136,326,538,632,,, key on engine off i got 335,214,327,332,,,, what i hav
done new EGR valve,EGR pressure sensor, spark plug wires, spark plug, coilpack
Category: Mercury
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnect it and road test the Explorer. Then redo the KOEO and KOER self test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you. I get back to u in a few minutes
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Please keep me informed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did it. I disconnect the battery for 14 mins. Then I reconnected. I wen for a ride for 10 driving.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Lets look at the 326.
Make sure the hoses from the EGR tube on the manifold are connected to the DPFE sensor correctly.
The hose connected to the lower port closest to the exhaust manifold goes to the port on the DPFE sensor closest to the radiator. The hose on the upper port connects to the port closest to the firewall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked those they conected.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Have you replaced the DPFE sensor? The black sensor with the two rubber hoses and the electrical connector?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the sensor. No the conector.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
When did you replace it the sensor? It looks like it has been on there for a while.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i put the old one back cas with the new one it has the same issues
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Did you check the EGR port that is behind the EGR valve where it bolts to the intake. If the port is clogged, you will get this code. The port should be clear and open to allow exhaust gases back into the intake to burn off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i disconect all this port from the EGR system weren't clogged
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Apply vacuum to the EGR valve vacuum port while the engine is running at idle and see if the engine tries to stall.
Then make sure there is vacuum going to the EGR Vacuum Solenoid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is vacuum in the EGR solenoid ,, i apply vacuum to the EGR valve engine running at idle but the engine it doesn't stall,, but idle change it run worse
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
If you apply vacuum to the EGR valve and the engine does not to stall out, then either the EGR ports are clogged or the EGR valve is bad.