EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master
Experience:  ASE, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel, Kia Professional Elite
34559540

A/c clutch not engaging sys has ,100 lbs static pressure,

Customer Question

A/c clutch not engaging sys has ,100 lbs static pressure, wot relay replaced with known good, blend door motor replaced 2 years ago, if I jump the compressor clutch it engages, checked purple wire on cycling SWITCH no power looking for next step
Category: Mercury
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Make sure you checked for power on the purple wire at the switch with the AC ON. Next if you still have no power there you need to check fuse 5 (15amp) to make sure it has power on both sides of the fuse.
If that fuse is good you are going to have to access the atc unit and make sure you have power leaving the atc on the purple wire going to the cycling switch. Please do these checks and let me know. Thanks.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. If you have any more questions please ask. If not please rate the service provided. Thanks.