Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Mercury Sable: My 2000 Mercury Sable will not start, but the

Customer Question

My 2000 Mercury Sable will not start, but the lights work. I believe it is the theft device. How do I disarm it so I can get home?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If your security system has engaged it will take a dealers diagnostic tool to relearn the key if you only have one key.Usually a theft or security light would come on or blink after trying to start the vehicle and releasing the key if it is a security issue here.
If you see no warning lights like this here there is a chance the starter has failed needing replaced.I can tell you how to test the starter circuit if you have a test light or multi meter to test with just let me know.
Unfortunately I do not locate a way to quickly bypass the security system in your vehicle to start the vehicle.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete