Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs and Ford Certs
7276279

Mercury mercury Villager: 1998 mercury villager overheats

Customer Question

1998 mercury villager overheats when the engine starts to heat. What are the causes and solutions?
Category: Mercury
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The problem you are describing providing your cooling fan is operating properly and the cooling system is full with not leaks can be caused by a failing thermostat. I would start with making sure the cooling fan is operating correctely and making sure the cooling system is full and if both check okay then consider replacing the thermostat. If you need the replacement steps post back and I can send them for you.