Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

Mercury Grand Marquis GS: What type of supercharger systems

What type of supercharger systems are there for a 1999 GRAND Marquis? The price range for them?
Hello! Welcome to justanswer!

You would have to use one from Vortech for a 99 Mustang. They run about $3500 for a new kit. The only problem is you have to get your car tuned on a dyno with a custom flash so it will run right. Also you would need to install bigger fuel injectors before the tune is done. 40 lb per hour injectors are the right size.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anthony, thanks for the answer. Can you tell me exactly where I can find everything I need for the supercharger system. About how much will it be to get everything you listed above? excluding the supercharger.

www.superchargersonline.com has the kits for the supercharger and the fuel injectors. As for the tuning, that has to be done by a performance shop near your location.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Anthony. I have so many questions man sorry. Can a dynomax super turbo muffler for a 99 mustang fit my car?

no problem. A mustangs exhaust system wont fit your car. The only way to do a performance exhaust is to have it done custom by an exhaust shop. You want to do a twin 2.5 inch diameter exhaust.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I heard the dynomax turbocharge muffler & I love how it sounds. What do I tell the exhaust shop if I want a similar sound?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I meant superturbo not turbocharge sorry about that.

The exhaust shop can put almost any performance muffler in easy. There is a lot of room under the car. Tell them the exact brand muffler you want and they should have no trouble welding one in for you.