A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified. ASE Gasoline Engine Performance Certified,Ford Senior Master Technician

2007 Grand Marquis Passenger and rear door locks will not work with remote or door switch

2007 Grand Marquis
Passenger and rear door locks will not work with remote or door switches. Driver door works OK.
Have disconnected and reconnected battery, Checked fuse#2 and #9 under dash. Plus fuse #8 and diode #503 under hood. No luck???

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Does the passenger door lock switch lock and unlock the drivers door?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the door lock switch on the driver door locks and unlocks the driver's door only.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Miss read your question YES the passenger door will lock or unlock the driver's door.

Ok. It looks like you have a broken wire causing the problem. The power door locks are controlled by the DDM (Drivers Door Module) which is in the drivers door. Open the drivers door and check the wiring harness that runs between the drivers door and the body. It is encased in a rubber boot. Pull the boot back from the door or the body and pull on the wires. Look for a PINK/BLACK striped wire that is broken. Repair the wire and check the system operation.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

At this point I can not see a broken wire but the boot is really tight around the wire pack. May have to take door panel off to really get good look at wire harness.

Will not be able to get to it till late next week.

No problem. Taking the door panel off will allow better movement of the wires. Part of the problem is that the wires are tight and the door opening and closing, especially the drivers door, cause stress on the wires and they break.