Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40 Plus years on all makes and models
5784781

Mercury Sable: Im trying to locate the power steering pressure

I'm trying to locate the power steering pressure switch on my 1993 mercury sable wagon with a 3.8 engine and figure out if I can replace it or not.

Donald Knight :

Good morning.The switch is located on the high pressure line by the rackon the drivers side.It screws into the line and has a 9/16 flat (hex) that you will need that size wrench to remove and install a new switch.The switch is available at most parts houses for about$30.The BWD part # XXXXX XXXXX labor time to replace the switch is about 1/2 hour so it is farily easy to replace.Good luck with the repairs and please let me know if you need more assistance,Don

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I believe I found the switch. It is up against the firewall on the driver side it doesn't look like a pressure line and has another connector with a number of wires on top. I've attached a picture for reference.

I am having trouble opening your picture.If you purchase a replacement switch just match it to what you think is the pressure switch.I will try to open this up again Monday.Have a great weekend,Don