jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

mercury mariner: I drive a 2008 mercury mariner and one of

I drive a 2008 mercury mariner and one of my windows will go down but won't go up.
Greetings JACUSTOMER, Just a bit more info if you please. When trying to raise window, do you hear the window motor running? Or can you feel the motor trying to raise the regulator when you pull up by hand with a helper operating the switch? Finally, which window are we talking about? Thee answers will narrow down my diagnosis to be more precise. Thank you, jeffrey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when trying to raise the window I do not here the motor. the back window on the driver side

Hello Again, Thanks for the quick response. Does the passengers rear window work correctly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Lisa, Thanks for the quick responses. Your problem can be either a faulty window switch unit and/or a faulty connection between the window motor and the body control module. Diagnosis would entail using either a scan tool or a Digital Volt Ohm Meter to trace for open circuit or a data problem from the module. The switch sends an UP or DOWN signal via the data bus to the module ..which in turn powers the window motor in the desired direction. Window regulator is good since window goes in one direction. Your problem is defineately electrical . If I can assist further or answer any other questions i will be happy to do so. Thank you, Jeffrey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you have any idea what it may cost to get it fixed?

Hello Again Lisa, I would estimate the cost of repair to be approx. $175 - $250 depending on what the fault actually is and what (if any) parts are required to repair it. Thank you, Jeffrey
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do I find out if my factory warrant is out or not?

Hello Lisa, you are likely out of factory warranty by time...but if you have an extended warranty get in touch with the seller and they should be able to tell you. Thank you, Jeffrey